Thursday, March 10, 2011

What Will Be Your Eulogy

At funerals we always have people crying, it’s only natural. Over my time I’ve come to realize that the amount of tears shared is the reciprocal of the emotions about the person that died. It’s kind of like an emotional math problem. But after this life what will we be remembered for individually. It’s a crazy thought to think of you being a ghost at your own funeral and just being able to see and hear what people would have to say about your life. The big question in the scheme of things is what would I remembered for. If I died today what would Kalvin Jeffery Hilliard Jr. be remembered as by the people who knew me? Will the pastor have to lie at your eulogy to portray you in another light? Have you done the things in life that if you died today you would be proud of? Because the things that we do now will mold the way people feel about us even after we’re dead. I mean look at history. We learn about past events and a lot of dead people, and not only the huge things they did but also things in their personal life. Moral of this blog: Prepare the eulogy you want while you’re alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment