Thursday, October 13, 2011

Conflicted

Started at a young age, taught that in life's book dont get caught on the wrong page. Reading between the lines of the hand shakes and smiles. Through my 21 years I've felt like Coffee walking that green mile. Feeling conflicted like my souls behind bars and just trying to have a free spirit. But hey, this a just a young black man whose conflicted. And I know I keep saying conflicted but it's just this world that I live in. Feel like my life is. Training Day and everyday I'm in the jungle. Watching for the snakes that hiss when I walk. Listening for the lies of the words that they talk. Where's the love that im longing for. Its been a year and love aint even knocked on my door. Had a few houses that I did visit. Trying to sale me as a guy to women who are past conflicted. We all say we want the real thing but we never accept. Shout to my college ex because I'll neva forget it. This is just my mental focus, thoughts flying through my head like a loud locust. So consider this my farewell, through confliction I know I'm heaven bond cause I've already spent my time in hell and went and shot the devil down.

No comments:

Post a Comment