Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Manology May Day 7

In a month I'll be 23. Hard to fathom every time I sit and think. Recapping on the life I've had since 13 and coming up to 23, just leaves me thinking about the last decade of my life. Since the age of 13 I've had my share of trials from my mom being diagnosed with failing kidneys  To seeing her have to take dialysis,. To having her get a transplant to only having my grandfather die the following year. My own personal trials, and then my parents divorcing this past August. This has been a rough decade to say the least. 

During this time there was a time, I turned away from God. Within the past two years I turned away from love, and taught myself to be emotionless. I then put all focus into myself. Sitting here and looking back on that I realize how empty I was. I removed myself from God for a moment, and then I removed myself from loving or accepting love, and all I had was myself.

The lesson I came to grasp is no matter how hard times get, there are two things as a man you can never remove out your life and those are God and love. God is the ultimate man that guides us and helps us through times. Although blinded we may be at times to see it, that's where our faith comes from.

Notice love is the second thing. As a man you say, you don't need love as a man. I say you tell that to the boy who goes life without his father, or the husband whose wife has died, or just a guy who knows he's missing out on love from a previous relationship. This society teaches us to be tough, and untouchable, but to deny yourself the touch of love sentences you to internal unsatisfactions. For a while I denied that touch, and denied to reach out and touch.

God and Love. The two things that we as men should allow to influence our life, and influence others. Just accepting one isn't good enough, and it's impossible to have one without the other. So today I challenge you to allow God and love to work in you. and accept the impact they both can have on you has a person, both now and in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment